We would just like to know if the ectropy can prevent conception ?

I have a cervical ectropy which causes excessive amounts of post-coital bleeding (apparently due to a large blood vessel). I have had numerous tests and am told it is due to contraceptives previously taken (I\'ve been off these since June 09). I have a clear biopsy and have had STD tests which are clear. I and my partner are also hoping to conceive and have been loosely trying for 12 months. I am due some surgery for the ectropy soon but would like to know if the ectropy is damping my chances of conceiving, given the amount of blood. I fully understand my menstrual cycle and am having a normal cycle with tested evidence of LH at regular intervals each month. My partner and I are concerned but there is no pressure or stress regarding the issue between us. We would just like to know if the ectropy can prevent conception and some information as to how. thanks
Asked On : Mon, 10 May 2010