hello and welcome to HCM,
It is imperative that you see an ENT as soon as possible with these points:
1. A watery discharge from the nose without cold
can happen due to many causes but the most worrisome is a condition called the CSF rhinorrhoea
. If this is what is causing your leak then it has to be taken care of immediately.
2. You need to undergo endoscopy
to try and delineate the cause of the leak
3. A routine CT may not be very helpful in this condition, you need to go for a CT called the contrast CT for proper diagnosis in this condition
4. Collect a sample of the fluid and send it for CSF analysis
5. Remember that the only reason you had a little relief from cetrizine
is because cetrizine is an older generation antihistamine which also has anticholinergic
property, that means it reduces all discharge irrespective of the origin. Modern ENT consultants usually use better drugs available which have fewer side effects.
do not strain and do not blow your nose
take care and get well soon
Dr Sriram Nathan