Was taking depo injections, now discontinued. Not having periods since then. Having sore abdomen. Reason?

I was having depo injection for 5 yrs, and have now stopped. I haven t had my periods yet since I stopped the injection which has been nearly 4 months now. I have recently noticed my abdominal area is becoming very sore. It feels sore on left and right side, if I press it its more painful. I am worried what that could be. I understand that it can take a while for your periods to come back but why abdominal pains?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013