Was snorting heroin. Had phlebotomy training, more dehydrated, flat veins, unable to straighten arms. What should I do ?

After snorting heroin for the last 5 months, I started shooting it 2 weeks ago. I have had phlebotomy training so I have been doing ok. I seemed to be a little more dehydrated for the last few days and my veins have been more flat and rolling a lot more. Yesterday I injected my vein in my antecubital area which has been hard to get...after I started to push it in it looked like it was filling up in my subcutaneous area! So I pulled it out and blood started coming out like it was backed up. Today my arm is killing me! It hurts to straighten my arm, there is a dime size lump at the injection site and a red ring probably 1 inch by 2 inches. The red area is hot to the touch. I don t have medical insurance so I don t want to go to the hospital unless I have to. What do you think could have happened and what should I do? I can send a picture.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013