Was shaving and irritation in lips. What was the fluid that oozed?

Hi, I was shaving a couple of days ago and yesterday I noticed an irritation under my bottom lip on the left side. I thought it was a pimple and tried to squeeze it, and a bit of clear fluid came out. Today, I woke up with a swollen lip. I applied ice and tried to squeeze it again and eventually applied a first aid ointment to where I squeezed. The lip is not in pain but where I squeezed is. What can I do to get the swelling down?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012