Was diagnosed with amoebiasis. Prescribed flagyl syrup. How can bowel movement get normal?

hello! My grandson was diagnosed with amoebiasis , he s barely 1month and 16 days today. His pedia prescribed flagyl syrup, to be taken every 6 hours interval at 1.5 ml. Oral rehydration salts and progestine(?). He still pooed twice today, still watery and with streak of blood , It s his 2nd day taking the meds. My question is, until when will we expect that his bowel movement become normal? Should we take him to the hospital for confinement in case his condition will not improve tomorrow? Thank u for the help
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012