Very light periods and stopped periods after stopping contraceptive pill. Prescribed duphaston. Right treatment?

Hi, I stopped taking the contraceptive pill (I am not ttc) in order to give my body a 'break' last month. Period started on the 25th if march, though it was an extremely light period. This month it still hasn't come and I have no idea when it will so was advised to take 10mg of duphaston for 5 days. Is this the right treatment? How many days after stopping duphaston will I get my period? Thanks for your advice and help,
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013