Vaginal spotting, rare abdominal cramps during early pregnancy. Had progesterone tablet. Reason?

Hi doctor Im 8weeks 2days this is gestational age according to my lmp is sep9th. So for past 7days I have vaginal spotting. Once it started I consulted doctor and she told baby and sac is normal and gave me progesterone tablets for 5 days - 3 times a day... I finished and still spotting continues. First it was dark brown and now for last 3 days it s maroonish red.. But it s only spotting.. And occasionally very rarely I get cramp in abdomen .. Wats going on I need explanation doctor pls help.. My next check up is 2 days later.. Not heard heartbeat yet.. Scared... Pls help..
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012