Vaginal discharge when having sex. Overproduction of pre-ejaculatory seminal fluid?

I am a female and occasionally during intercourse with my male partner a quantity (enough to cover a sideplate-sized area of bedsheet) comes from my vagina . I can feel it flooding out - similar to the feeling of menstrual flow - and it s definitely not urine or from my bladder and has no colour or smell. Nor does it stain the sheet once dry. It doesn t coincide with orgasm (mine or his) and I assumed it must be from me. I m now wondering whether it s actually overproduction of pre-ejaculatory seminal fluid on his part?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013