Using ear plugs for sound sleep, have pulsating headaches, sinus. Is it due to tight-fitting ear plugs?

I use earplugs at night to block out my wife s snoring . I recently changed to a smaller, seemingly more effective plug. However, it also seems to correspond to chronic headaches of the pulsating sort. These seem to be related to sinus issues. Do tight-fitting earplugs interfere with the eustachian tubes and consequently sinuses? I get some relief with sudafed and aspirin but it isn t long term.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012