Using cpap machine for sleep apnea, since then feel constipated. Is it related?

I have been on a cpap machine for about two months. The treatment is working for my severe sleep apnea , but I have been constipated ever since I started using the cpap. The sleep apnea forums make it sound like this is quite common, but when patients ask their doctors they are laughed at or told that the constipation is unrelated to cpap use. I have never been constipated. I start the cpap, I m constipated. There are lots of similar reports on the sleep apnea forums. There absolutely is a connection. I fear that doctors are just not up to speed on this yet.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013