Urine test negative, prescribed norethisterone, still no periods. Is 18 days too early to detect pregnancy ?

is 18 days too early to detect pregnancy? urine test was done in lab and it was negative.. I was prescribed norethisterone 3 tabs for 5 days.. now i stopped taking norethisterione and its already been 5 days still no period . dr. told me to wait for 2 weeks to see if my period would start.. but i read on internet that period would usually start after 3-4 days after stopping the medicine.. is it normal?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012