Upper hard palate small, keeps getting bigger. Anything to worry ?

My upper hard palate is small and sometimes it seems it got bigger, then back to its usual small size. At one time, I almost thought it would magically totally shrink away (but it didn`t). Anyway, I woke-up this morning and my upper hard palate seem to be larger than it s size before and feeling swollen/tender. Eating or drinking water is difficult because of its sensitivity. I am not sick or anything. do I need to consult a doctor or a dentist?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013