Unprotected sex, delayed period, spotting, weight gain. Negative pregnancy test. Causes?

I had sex on January 3rd. Then my period was late about one week. When i did get it, a redish tear shaped thing came out and I didn t know know what it was. So I figured it was just a blood clot. Then in February and March I got my period for only about 3 days. It s July and i haven t got my period since March. Its been 4 Months now. I don t have a belly or anything. I ve gained about 12 pounds which i find rare because I ve never gained weight like this. But i took a pregnancy test and it was false. What could it be? Help .. Please.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012