Underactivated thyroid. On Thyroxine. Pain in abdomen with rumbling noises. Brown blood discharge after periods. Reason?

Hi doctor, I am 47 year old female with no health problems except for underactivated thyroid . I take thyroxine tablets 150 mg daily. I recently done a complete blood test and results said all normal except that I have 6.1 cholesterol . Gp didn t put me on any medication but I m watching my diet exercising and loosing a little weight. I m 1m 62inch weighing 158 pound. Yesterday I had a strong pain in my lower right abdomen that felt like period pain that came and went I also felt it in my lower right back and legs I just finished my period and due in a month time. i felt slightly sick and unwell with no temperature. i took panadol and ibuprofen for the pain that didn t go completely but it did help. 24 hrs later I have rumbling noises now coming from my abdomen the pain seems to be gone. i had same symptom 2 month ago but it came a few days before my period ( earlier than normal and much more painfull than normal) also had 2 weeks after that brown blood discharge for the first time. My next period came as normal. Saw the gp yesterday ruled out apenditis and said to take note of any changes. What can it be? Thank you, Nicole
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013