Ultrasound showed fibroid and multiple cysts in ovaries. Elevated prolactin and testosterone. Had diabetes and PCOS

I went to my gynocologist for pain in my pelvic area. After doing an STI screening and it coming back negative, she ordered an ultrasound. The ultrasound came back with a small fibroid and multiple small cysts on my ovaries. She then ordered a PCOS screening. The screening showed elevated prolactin ~50 ng/ml and elevated testosterone . Due to these elevated hormones she referred me to an endocrinologist . In the meantime, I have been having bad headaches (pain in the back portion of my head, extending to the left side and even the left side of my face), little nauseau and vomiting (not really sure if it is from the headaches, I cannot remember if the times it happened I had a headache, because I have had them so much). I made the endocrinologist aware of all of this. He told me I had diabetes and PCOS. He also informed me that he could not help me with my headaches and I should ask my PCP and have them refer me to a neurologist. I asked him about the elevated prolactin and he told me it was either from sexual activity or stimulation during my check up. I informed him that I had not been sexually active for months before and after my blood test and I had my check up 3+ weeks before my blood test. Later, I found that someone else s chart was in mine, I do not have diabetes or pre-diabetes. I do have elevated levels of prolactin and testosterone. I was given metaformin. I have recently checked online for possible diagnosis. I have seen that with elevated levels of hormones such as prolactin and other symptoms, such as I have been having, the endocrinologist usually orders an extra homormone blood test to confer the elevated levels and sometimes even an MRI for tumors. I don t want to assume that I have a tumor, but should the endocrinologist have done this work up?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013