Twice developed back sciatic pain, walking crooked, bent on one side. Taking painkillers. Cause and treatment?

I m 44 yrs old and 4 months ago developed back sciatic pain and had we walking crooked bent over to one side. It took about a week to develop. Doctor said not much to do. Over the next 3 1/2 months the pain slowly diminished to almost zero. I was walking vertically again and feeling optimistic that in time I might return to normal. i.e. jog across street , lift stuff etc. Then, I woke up one morning stiff. Over the next week it got worse. Just like last time. I m bent over to the side crooked again and taking painkillers all day. What is this and what can I do about it?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012