Trying to conceive, partner missed periods. Exposure to radiation therapy. Will it affect the foetus?

Hi my girlfriend and I have been trying for we ll over a year to now to have a child, she has missed her period by a little over two weeks now, my best friend is going to be doing radiation treatment for his oral cancer soon and will be doing it every day for about 6 weeks I believe, how safe would it be for just me to be around him, so I can make sure if my girlfriend is pregnant I do not harm the baby at all thank you
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012