Trying to conceive, noticed implantation bleeding, no periods, negative blood hcG and urine test. Pregnancy chance?

I m a 28 y/o female, TTC for a couple of months now. My LMP was 1/12. Ovulated 1/27. Started what I thought was implantation spotting on 2/4 (only noticed after using the bathroom, saw spotting on tissue after wiping), however this lasted for 8 days, until 1/12. Period was due on 2/14, but nothing arrived. Today is now the 15th, still nothing. Had a blood hCG test done yesterday, result was negative. Urine hCG test this morning gave negative result as well. My plan is to wait a week and have another blood hCG test done. But in the meantime, I m concerned. Of coarse I want to be pregnant - however, is it possible for me to be, even with negative blood hCG results? And is there anything else that can explain the 8 days of spotting, never having gotten a positive hCG test, and now being late for my period? Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013