Trying to conceive, no periods post laparoscopy for blocked tubes and adhesions. What is the cause?

I had a laparoscopy on July 19th and my period was July 9-13th on a 24 day cycle. My period should of come on the 2nd of August. I had almost no spotting/pain after surgery and had intercourse with my husband on July 23, 24th. Still no period. My 4 week check-up is on Aug 17th. Should I test before then? I had one blocked tube and adhesions which were corrected. We have been trying to conceive for five years, and I am sure its not that easy.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012