Trying to conceive. No periods after stopping depovera. Reason for prescribing primulut to stop bleeding?

i had my last depo provera shot in feb this year. had no bleeding until this last month i have had bleeding every 2 weeks. went to my GP today and am going for a blood test tomorrow to make sure i am not preg and to check hormone levels (i am trying for a baby and want to know if im ovulating. will the blood test tell me this?) also, he prescribed primulut n tablets to take after my blood test confirms i am not preg, to stop the bleeding. why did he prescribe these tablets to stop the bleeding? what will that achieve? do they help to regulate my cycle at all?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012