Trying to conceive. Had low progesterone level, high thyroid, missed periods. Can I be perimenopausal?

Hi I am 46 years old and have been trying to conceive. I had some blood tests done on day 22 of my cycle with my GP to check my hormone levels etc and I was told i had very low progesterone levels and slightly high Thyroid . I then i missed my period (first time since age of 13 with regular 27 day periods) and it still hasn t come, now on day 41 of my cycle and 3 negative home tests. This sudden absence of a period is strange for me... can I be perimenopausal? Kind Regards Michele
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013