Transabdominal scan detected early pregnancy with no cardiac activity. When is it detected?

Hi! I had an trans abdominal scan a few days ago and the radiologist estimated an early pregnancy at about 5 weeks and 6 days with no cardiac activity detected. Could you please tell me at what stage the cardiac activity can be detected? Also, one year ago I had a miscarriage(the fetus died around 8 weeks old but was detected only at 12 weeks scan). I am Rhesus factor negative and almost 40 years old. Do you think that the Rh and the age it might be the way that I cannot keep another pregnancy? I am due for another scan in one week, but I am already worried that it might be another miscarriage. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012