Tot with frequent cold, cough, taking Montek LC, has recurrence on stopping it. What can be done?

My daughter is 3 years old. Since his second year gets cough and cold very easily and it never goes away. Many a times doctor used to give him antibiotic . Which used to give relief for some days and then again he used to get it. last year doctor adviced Montek LC kid tablet everyday. Last six months my daughter is taking a pill everyday. It seems like it works . But if she miss one day she starts coughing and throws up food. My question is what can be done? Does he need to take the medicine all his life?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012