Tot with continuous fever, no improvement with Ponstan. Had taken treatment for ear infection and abscess. What should be done?

my 18month old son has a fever since Friday, been treating with Ponstan, 2-3 times per day, but not cleared completely, difficult to get an accurate reading but 37.3 degrees on Friday at creche and 37.6 degrees this morning at 2am, have not taken since as it is impossible. He had been treated for ear infection and ear abscess for the past month, have been on at least 3 rounds of antibiotics and I am loathed to take him back to the doctor as I dont want to give him any more antibiotics, will take him to the pediatrician tomorrow if things dont improve. Just concerned about all the drugs his body is getting
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012