Took steroid for facial swelling. Swelling continued. Related to cracked crown in root canal?

I have facial swelling under lower lip , upper lip and on both cheecks. My doctor thought it was an allergic reaction and placed me on a steroid with no results. An injection follwed with the same steroid and my face developed what looks like roseacea. I was treated with Doryx for five days when an allergic reaction took place. I ve since ceased taking this medication two days ago yet swelling on cheecks has increased, Can this swelling be linked to what I believe is a cracked crown over a root canal?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013