Took pill after unprotected sex. Bloating and frequent urination. Pregnancy test negative. What's going on?

Hi, I m an 19 year old girl. I had sex a month ago, the condom broke, I took the pill the next day. I was on my 5 day of my cycle. I have symptoms which go together with PMS and pregnancy such as bloating and frequent urination . I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Now I have nausea the whole time, what could it be?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Mar 2013
thanks for your query.
On day 5 of cycle, the chances of conception are quite low, and you also took the emergency contraceptive pill.
As your pregnancy test is negative, you might be having pre menstrual symptoms, due to a late period, which often happens after taking hormonal pills.
Another possibility is some gastrointestinal infection which is causing bloating, and nausea.
To know the exact cause and the status of your periods, you should see a gynecologist for a check up.