Took next choice emergency contraceptive and now have the symptoms of a urinary track infection- abdominal pain, pain at the end of urination

Hi, I took next choice emergency contraceptive about a week ago and I now have the symptoms of a urinary track infection- abdominal pain , pain at the end of urination, constant need to urinate, plus a little bleeding . I googled it and this seems to have happened to many others so is the pill what caused the infection? And if so do I have to mention it to my doctor before she proscribes medication? It would be better if I didn t have to mention it.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jul 2011