Took duolutonL to postpone periods. Had side effects. Having irregular bleeding. Prescribed Ginette35. Does it help?

Hi I am Kavita, recently got married (10 months), I don t have any menstrual irregularities history. Earlier, 7 months before to postpone the menstrual date (due to some reasons) doctor prescribed me to take Duoluton L for two months. After taking Duoluton L, I got side effects like unwanted hair growth, severe alopecia , severe acne and weight gain . Since, last three months I am facing some problems associated with bleeding that is Minimal bleeding appears on the first day of the cycle and there will no sign of bleeding up to 5th day or sixth day. Then again bleeding starts from 7th onwards and continued up to 15th day. What causes this? I met another doctor and she suggested to take Ginnette 35 for 3 months. Can i proceed with this medication or not? How Ginnette 35 helps in regularising the bleeding? I don t have any thyroid problem. As per the doctor s suggestion i took the ultrasound scan for lower pelvic region. The scan report says everything is normal but there may be a possibility of polysystic ovarian diesease and suggested for hormonal correlation. Please give the suggestion.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013