Took antibiotics for e-coli infection while it was not so, small kidney bilateral stone, scheduled ureterscopy. Advise ?

After six antibiotics in 9 weeks for a drug-resistant e. coli infection -- thought to be a UTI - I saw a urologist for a cystoscopy (sp?). Turns out, I have a very healthy bladder. However, another test showed small kidney stone , bilateral. I am now scheduled for a ureterscopy to remove the stones, under the hypothesis that the e.coli set up shop in those stones (i.e., those stones served as a nidus). I was in a third world country in July and exposed to new bugs (North Korea, through Statistics Without Borders), the likely source of the odd e. coli. Any comments or observations on the plan? Appreciate your availability.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012