Took Amoxicillin for suspected strep throat. Hives, rash all over body. Do I need to give another antibiotic?

My son was taking Amoxicillin for suspected strep throat. Everything was fine until the 7th day of taking the antibiotics. Severe hives and rash all over his body developed. Stopped the Amoxicillin immediately. Gave him Benadryl and used calamine lotion. My question to you is that he only took 7 out of the recommended 10 days of antibiotics. Is this ok or do I need to bring him to the doctor for another kind of antibiotic?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013