Tiredness, hair fall. Iron, thyroid tests done. Had iron infusion. What is the normal iron level?

I live in NZ. Is the iron count/recommended levels different for different countries? I had an iron count of 5 in February. Underwent an iron infusion. I didn t feel too bad at the time and not that much noticeable after infusion. Feel a bit tired again. Had iron level tested last week. 17. I am also waiting for thyroid result. My hair has been falling out consistently and now noticeably thinner. What is an acceptable level? Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012