Thumb swollen, clicks on moving, hurts badly. Possible reason?

I have problems with my rt. thumb for 2-3 weeks now. it clicks when i move it which makes it hurt very bad. i have to keep a bandaid on it at all times to tollerate it, so it wont bend and pop. the fat part of my thumb has pain at the base of my thumb to use it, push on it. My thumb is swollen an the two fingers beside it are swelling now too. and are starting to feel to swollen to bend but they dont hurt. i havent done anything to hurt my thumb. no injuries, nothing it just started clicking one day and got worse. I went to the Dr. and he gave me a prescprtion for gout . it did NOTHING! the pain, swelling, and the clicking are still there. Do you have any suggestions of what this might be? i need to use my hands to do everything. I am rt. handed and it is making doing anything with my rt. hand very hard to do with all the pain,clicking and swelling.. please help! My name is Vicki and i will be 52 in March. average build, not obese, in other wise good health.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013