Thickening of uterus, gone through menopause, surgery advised. Family history of ovarian cancer. Advice?

I just had an pap ultra sound and found that I have a thickening of the uterus. I am 65 and the uterus measurements have gone from 2 to now 5.4 in growth. I have already gone thru memopause. My GYN wants me to have surgery. My Primary care doctor looks at the Ultra sounds and said he would wait 6 mos and then do another. My sister had ovarian cancer, she is the only one in our family that ever had cancer so I guess the doctor is being careful. I am scheduled for a biopsy tomorrow. Should I have surgery?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013