Thickened endometrial and no sac. Why was there bleeding? Have I had a miscarriage?

4 weeks pregnant, had red bleeding yesterday (very light) went to ER and all they saw was a thickened endometrial and no sac (that she could see, she didnt seem to know much though). The hormone count in my blood was 590. The ER dr was not informative at all and just told me it could be a threatened miscarriage . I have very very slight cramping every once in a while and usually its just a little cramp and thats all. blood is no longer red its brown. No clots. not heavy like i said not even soaking a pad a day. My question is does this sound like a miscarriage? I have an appointment on Wens at OBGYN Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012