Thick mucus build up in chest and throat, constant coughing, wheezing, no improvement with medicines, temporarily eases with steroids. Help?

my brother has had asma for years but he has been told that his problam his sticky lung he has been taken of all his old medicaion and now JUST HAS ONE SPRAY AND HE is not suffering anymore i have asma same has my brother i think i might have the same problams has he did ; my symtoms are thick mucas that starts to build up in my chest and throat constant coughing weesie none of my medication works . i have to go on steriod tablats then after a week on them it goes but then it starts to come back again .
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012