Thick endometrial lining, ultrasound done. Negative pregnancy test, positive LH surge. Indication of periods or pregnancy?

Is a 16mm endometrial lining normal for Day 22 of a cycle, if my cycle is typically around 31 days or more? My doctor, in the Ultra Sound this morning said it was rather thick and I am either going to have my period soon or I could be in early pregnancy stages. My pregnancy urine test was negative, but I also have been testing positive for LH surge that past few days, which would mean I am about to ovulate soon-- does not make sense. I used 3 LH indication strips to confirm.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012