Teen, frequent sneezing in cold air, diagnosed with narrow path in one nostril, prescribed allegra, cetrizet. What is the sickness?

Hello Doctor ! I am Sumudu from Sri Lanka.My eldest son aged 18 years is getting ready for his Advancd level in year 2013. from his childhood he used to sneeze in cold air (especially in air conditioned environment) and it became worst during the past one month, as he was studying day and night for his term exam in school. Last evening we took him to an ENT specialist and he has mentioned that he could see a difference in his left NOSTRIL (ie: narrow path compared to the right ) As per the diagnosis of the ENT doctor, this is to be further confirmed by an X-ray report. HOwever, for the time being he has been prescribed with (1) CETRIZET -10 MG 14 TABLETS AT NIGHT (2) ALLEGRA 120 MG 14 TABLETS 01 AT NIGHT (3) NASAL DROM NAMED BETASOL I would like to know what kind of sickness is this ? Further, since we are travelling overseas in two days time , I had wanted a nasal spray , if in case if the situation gets worse to use, but doctor said that it will not serve any purpose as the path is narrow. Further in Doctors note it is mentioned as FOZ ? Not very clear. As my son is a bright student, I am worried as there has to be some kind of surgery involved? Please advice. Thanks & Best Regards Sumudu
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012