Taking steroids for liver. Spots on body, sweating, pain in side and legs. Normal?

Hi my boyfriend is taking prescribed steroids for his liver, he has broken out in spots all over his body and is always wet with sweat. Is this normal. Also since last night he has been complaining of pains on his side, around his liver again and also his legs, is this ok? He was unable to see his consultant for his last appointment as she had to cancel so he was unable to get more of his steroids which I think is shocking. He has now not had any for 3 days.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013