Taking norethisterone for irregular periods. Can I get pregnant when taking this medicine?

Hello, I need your advise... I have been taking Norethisterone for my irregular periods for two weeks now. I would like to know if one can get pregnant even when taking the norethisterone? I discontinued taking the drug two days ago because I was concerned about the possibility being pregnant while on the drug. Do I have reasons to worry and what would be the effect of discontinuing without the doctors orders?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012