Taking doxycycline for preventing malaria, had an episode of food poisoning. Should we continue it?

My wife and I are in southern Thailand and are taking doxycycline to protect against malaria . Last night we ate a meal and took our tablet with a bottle of water. In the middle of the night and this morning we have both suffered from diareah, vomiting , head ache, aching muscles and joints ( food poisoning we think) we are concious we still need to take the doxycycline tablets but are unsure of eating as we are struggling to keep water in. Please advise or next steps to keep ourselfs protected from malaria. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012