Taking chemotherapy and blood transfusions for acute Myelogenous Leukemia. Have arthritis. Pain in head, neck and shoulders, fatigue. Suggestions?

I have Acute Myelogenous Luekemia. I get chemo the first full week in every month Monday through Friday, then every remaining week Mondays and Thursdays. I also get blood transfusions and white blood platelets injections in my Metaport as needed. I am so fatigued I can hardly function at all. I ve most memory and get confused so much now. I am a concert pianist and had to cancel all concerts in 2011. I am back now performing and have not had to cancel any concerts this year. I am not actively promoting them, as I don t know what to expect next. I will be 78 in September. How much longer can I survive this? Should I try clinical trials? My oncologist is Dr. Patel at UT Southwestern Hospital. Sometimes the pain in my head, neck, shoulders, back and legs is so bad I just sit and cry and cannot stop. I also have arthritis so I suppose that is the cause for the extreme pain. Any suggestions????? Any ideas????? I will appreciate hearing from you. Jewel Myers
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012