Taking both allopathic and ayurvedic for thyroid, please suggest me

I am taking both allopathic and ayurvedic for thyroid is ok or no
Asked On : Tue, 6 Apr 2010
hello, avoid overmedicating your self.
Thyroid medications in allopathy is a harmone so hence no too many side effects. Please take the medications regularly, eat well and do regular exercise. Do not skip the doses and get a regular t3 and tsh levels monitored. I hope i have answered your query. Take care
  Anonymous's Response

No, it is better to consult a single Doctor for a particular problem, as the drugs could interact or have double effect. The purpose is to control the thyroid function, Allopathy does this very well, I know this as I am an allopathy Doctor. Ayurveda too may do the same, but I am not aware of it, so cant comment. Just be purpose oriented.

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Why should you need two types of pathy for the treatment when it can be achieved very promptly and efficiently by the total modern and scientific allopathic treatment.Go for allopathic treatment but it doesn't mean I am undermining or degrading Ayurveda.Thanks and good luck.