Taking Lutera. Had partially unprotected sex. Brown discharge. Is it implantation bleeding?

Hi, As of today I ve been on Lutera for 21 days. I had sex about nine days ago, and that time the condom broke. My boyfriend pulled out, like always, when he felt he was going to cum. However, we discovered that the condom broke at some point. There was cum on his stomach and side, but we re not sure how much was left inside of me. Today, day 21 on birth control and 9 days after we had sex, I noticed a brownish discharge in my pants. I ve been looking into possibilities, and I came across implantation bleeding. Could the spotting be that, or could it just be from the birth control and the fact my period is due any day?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013