Taking Lortab for osteoarthritis pain. Yellowish mucus in stool. Have cramping pain. Cure?

I take about 30mg of Lortab daily for osteoarthritis pain. I know it causes constipation , but I have been able to control that with proper diet. For the past few days, I have an urge for a bm, but all I pass is gas and yellowish mucus , sometimes with a small amount of stool . Yesterday I was going ab out 10 times. There is also cramping pain. Today I only went once and nothing else. I am trying to increase my water intake and make sure I get enough fiber . What is my problem, and how can I control it?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013