Taken depoprovera and implanon. Discolored vaginal discharge. Why?

Hi, I have nt had a period for 18 years now due to taking depoprovera and now impalanon. I went to the loo and there was this large amount of dark brown, almost black clots in the loo and on the paper. This ha been the for the past to days. I ve had nothing for so long and out of the blue these large clots. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012
Weight changes or the dwindling effect of the hormones can result in breakthrough bleeds even while on regular contraception and this seems perhaps to be the reason for your symptom. Yet, you should have a check up by a specialist to rule any significant cause. A sonogram of the pelvis, blood profile, pap smear and urinalysis are necessary. Please avoid strenuous activity and abstain from sexual intercourse until proper evaluation is complete. Hope this helps.