TSH level increased post hysterectomy. On Synthroid. No energy. Increase dosage?

My tsh level was 1.79 6 months ago in October. I had a hysterectomy shortly after that but kept my ovaries, so there s no hormone replacements. I just had blood work done and my tsh level is 3.4 but my doctor says I m still in the normal range and has not changed my Synthroid dose ( 175 mcg a day). My weight has gone up and without daily caffeine I would be exhausted. I have been on Synthroid for 12 years and previous doctors kept my levels under 1.0 and I felt much better. Should I ask my doctor to increase my dosage? Or find a new doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013