Swollen lymph nodes on neck, sore throat, yellow mucus, pain on swallowing. Treatment?

Hello. I have very swollen lymph nodes on my neck under my jaw, and my throat is VERY sore. I have a runny nose (not stuffy though) and every once in a while cough up think yellow mucus (not often though because coughing really hurts). My tonsils are really swollen, and the outside of them is purple, but no spots. It really hurts to swallow and talk, and I ve almost completely lost my voice. This has developed over the past 3 days. What could it be, and do I need to see a doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012