Swollen knees, feet, fainting, slurred speech, inability to recall. Taking Vitamin D supplements, Reclast IV, Cortisone injections. Reason?

My 66yr old Mother has swollen knees and feet , knee are so swollen you can even tell where her knee caps are, she is also falling. My dad came home from work 3rd shift and found my mom on the floor and she couldn t recall why she was there and she was unable to get up. My dad took her to the er, they did blood work and everything looked good and she came home, she is still having the problems. Before this happened her doctor put her on vitamin d supplements and she went and had reclast IV and cortisone injections in her knees on the same day, that Friday is when my dad found her on the floor. She is also getting confused and her speech is slurred. We don t know what is happening to her?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012