Swollen bruised lump on the shin after an injury. Do I have to get an X-ray?

Hi I smashed my shin bone, just under my knee , into the corner of the wall from slipping over, on Saturday which it s now Tuesday. It s extremely swollen, my whole leg and there s a massive lump where it was hit, there s also major bruising . After putting it up an resting when I stand It feels like it has pressure on it and its kind of painful but hard to explain. Wondering if I should get x rays or bother going to a doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013